Social and Wellness Activities
Digital Preservation Bingo
Download one or more digital preservation themed bingo cards and play along throughout sessions!
How to play:
- Bingo begins with the first panel session, 1:00-1:45 PM EST/10:00-10:45 AM PST, and ends at the end of the final panel session, 4:00-4:30 PM EST/1:00-1:30 PM PST.
- What counts:
- Words or phrases spoken during presentations by presenters
- Forms of words count (obsolete/obsolescence)
- The center “NDSA” is a free space
- What does not count:
- Words or phrases spoken in presentation titles
- Words or phrases appearing in Slack Q&A with presenters
- When you get bingo, share in the #bingo Slack channel! Share a photo of your bingo card, if you wish.
- There are no prizes, only enduring admiration.
2-D Virtual Lounge
Feeling that Zoom fatigue but interested in trying a new way to connect? Join fellow DigiPres attendees for an experimental, virtual gathering in a beta spatialized audio environment (think avatars exploring a 2-D space and having conversations with one another) from High Fidelity. Space is limited and requires advance registration. This gathering will take place between 12:30-1:00 PM EST/9:30-10:00 AM PST.
How to participate:
- Before registering, all participants must carefully review the DLF Code of Conduct and agree to abide by the Code of Conduct. Those who violate the Code of Conduct may be warned or expelled at the discretion of the organizers.
- In order to get the full experience, participants should have microphone and speaker capabilities; no video necessary.
- All participants must use their real names, which will be designated upon entering the room.
- Moderators will be stationed in the middle of the virtual space, on the DigiPres conference logo. Moderators will be identifiable by NDSA logo avatars.
- Please keep in mind this is a beta test environment, and feedback for the developers is welcome.
- Do not use a VPN to connect.
You can register here. The day of the conference, registrants will be sent a link to access the virtual room via email. Please do not share your link with others.
CLIR Events Photo Booth
In partnership with Baltimore-based small business Pixilated, CLIR will be offering a photo booth for attendees this year! PixiWeb is a virtual photo booth experience that helps keep everyone connected through shared event photo galleries and experiences…all accessible from a single link! The photo booth will be available to attendees of all three of this year’s events. Details may be found here.
Asynchronous Virtual Tours and Wellness Resources
Since we couldn’t welcome you to Baltimore in-person this year, the DLF Forum Community Committee and DigiPres volunteers put together some virtual tours, exhibitions, activities, and wellness resources from some of our favorite Baltimore-based organizations and museums.