The NDSA calls for volunteers to join our Planning Committee for Digital Preservation 2022.
Digital Preservation (DigiPres) is the NDSA’s annual conference – open to members and non-members alike – focused on stewardship, curation, and preservation of digital information and cultural heritage. The 2022 meeting will take place on October 12-13, 2022, in Baltimore, Maryland, just after the DLF Forum.
NDSA is an affiliate of the Council on Library and Information Resources (CLIR) and the Digital Library Federation (DLF), and the DigiPres conference is held in concert with the annual DLF Forum. CLIR continues to monitor the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, and after successfully pivoting to a virtual format for 2020 and 2021, we are hoping to be back to a version of in-person conferencing for 2022.
Planning Committee responsibilities include:
- Defining a vision for the conference
- Crafting and distributing a Call for Proposals
- Reviewing and selecting proposals
- Identifying a keynote speaker
- Determining the conference schedule
- Moderating sessions
- Supporting membership through recruitment and mentorship efforts
- Collaborating with the DLF Forum planning committee on community events, equity and inclusion, and sponsorship opportunities
We expect to have monthly group calls from January-November, with some periods being busier than others. For instance, in the months of May-June 2022, there will be an uptick in the work during the period where we create the schedule as it requires concentrated effort.
Join us by completing this form by Friday, January 14th, and please share widely.
We look forward to working with you!
~ Jes Neal, 2022 Chair
~ Stacey Erdman, 2022 Vice-Chair/2023 Chair
The post Call for Volunteers for the NDSA DigiPres 2022 Planning Committee appeared first on DLF.