Storage Survey Working Group
In 2011, 2013, and 2019 members of the NDSA Infrastructure Interest Group conducted surveys on the preservation storage practices of NDSA member organizations. The goal of these surveys was “to develop a snapshot of storage practices within the organizations of the NDSA and insight into how those practices change over time.”
The 2019 Storage Infrastructure Survey Report was completed in February 2020 and available on the NDSA OSF page.
Overview and Description of 2019 Work
The 2019 Storage Survey Working Group was convened in late 2018 to gather new data on preservation storage practices. The goal of the 2019 survey was not only to collect updated information in order to compare to the 2011 and 2013 surveys, but to gather information on how new technologies or standards have impacted preservation storage. Work was completed in 2019 and the final report was published in Feburuary 2020.
THe Storage Survey Working group runs on a cycle. To get invovled in the next round, please contact someone on the Leadership Team if you are interested in participating.
2019 Storage Survey Team
- Laura Alagna, Chair, Northwestern University
- Annalise Berdini, Princeton University
- Sarah Dorpinghaus, University of Kentucky
- Adriane Hanson, University of Georgia
- Carol Kussmann, University of Minnesota
- Carol Mandel, New York University
- Jane Mandelbaum, Library of Congress
- Harish Maringanti, University of Utah
- David Mathews, Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum
- Krista Oldham, Haverford College
- Leah Prescott, Georgetown University Law Library
- Nathan Tallman, Penn State University
- Paige Walker, Boston College