Standards and Practices Interest Group
Standards and Practices Interest Group Co-Chairs: Felicity Dykas, University of Missouri Libraries - dykasf [at] missouri [dot] edu; Ann Hanlon, University of Wisconsin - Milwaukee, hanlon [at] uwm [dot] edu
The Standards and Practices Interest Group works to facilitate a broad understanding of the role and benefit of standards in digital preservation and how to use them effectively to ensure durable and usable collections.
In addition, the Interest Group seeks to identify, promote and widely disseminate practices found to be effective for selecting, organizing, describing, managing, preserving and serving digital content, in collaboration with other individuals and organizations where appropriate.
Smaller working groups frequently emerge from the Standards and Practices Interest Group.
Take me to the Standards and Practices Interest Group Listserv! If you are already a member of this Interest Group, you can always access the listserv (including its archives) at that link. To join this Interest Group, please contact the coordinators.
- NDSA Interest Groups now meet on a rotating schedule with one per month to help members who have wanted to participate in multiple groups but didn’t have the time for two or more calls a month.
- All NDSA events can be found on the NDSA Calendar
- The meetings for the Standards and Practices Interest Group are held the second Monday of the month at 1pm EST. The 2023 dates are listed below:
- January 9th
- April 17th (date change)
- July 10th
- October 16th (date change)
Calendar invites are not sent out due to the changing nature of the membership list. We encourage you to create a recurring invite to your own calendar, using the information found in the meeting agenda/notes document linked below.
- Call in information is available on the 2023 running meeting agenda/notes document. The 2022 meeting agenda/notes are also available.