Staffing Survey Working Group
Initiated within the Standards and Practices Interest Group the Staffing Survey Working Group was established in November 2016 as a collaboration of interested NDSA members.
The Staffing Survey Working Group is working to re-release a survey about staffing practices as a follow up to the NDSA 2012 Staffing Survey. As was the case after the 2012 survey, a report will be published with the results. The goal is to better understand current staffing levels and staffing needs around the area of digital preservation. This work will also provide a set of data to compare with the 2012 survey results.
- October 2017: Published 2017 Staffing Survey Report
- June - September 2017: Writing report.
- April - May 2017: Analyzing survey results.
- March 2017: Survey sent out. Accepting responses until April 10, 2017.
- Feburary 21, 2017: Finalized questions that were remaining. Documented lists to send to and identified who would send email.
- February 7, 2017: Initial review of survey questions from 2012. Began to identify groups to send survey to.
- January 11, 2017: Set rough schedule. Determined logistics for survey. Discussed survey questions.
- November 21, 2016: Kick off meeting. Discussed background of survey/report. Discussed points of interest in paper to determine if changes are needed.
Please contact working group chair Carol Kussmann of the University of Minnesota Libraries, kussmann at umn dot edu , with any questions or to get involved.