Levels of Preservation Working Group
The Levels of Preservation Working Group was re-formed in 2018 with the main purpose of updating the Levels of Preservation Matrix. The full set activities of the 2018 group are provided on the history page for the LOP Working Group.
The Levels of Preservation Working Group is ongoing and manages activities related to the Levels of Preservation created by the NDSA. Subgroups are formed as needed to address the needs of the community.
Due to the complexity of the activities of the Levels of Preservation Working Group, the group is managed by a Steering Group. The Steering Group is comprised of past and current sub-group leads.
After the completion of Version 2.0 of the Levels of Preservation, other supporting materials are being created. In addition to the supporting materials, the Steering Group is working with the NDSA Coordinating Committee to address future updates to the Levels.
On World Digital Preservation Day (November 5, 2020), the Levels of Digital Preservation Working Group became a Digital Preservation Award winner when the group was awarded the International Council on Archives Award for Collaboration and Cooperation! This award is not possible without the collaboration of hundreds of people over the course of the project! Thank you to everyone who participated and for those just joining in the work.
Steering Group Members
- Bradley Daigle (chair), Partnerships and Content Lead, Academic Preservation Trust (APTrust)
- Karen Cariani, The David O. Ives Executive Director of the WGBH Media Library and Archives
- Carol Kussmann, Digital Preservation Analyst, University of Minnesota Libraries
- Nathan Tallman, Digital Preservation Librarian, Penn State University Libraries
- Lauren Work, Digital Preservation Librarian, University of Virginia Libraries
Version 2.0 of the Levels of Digital Preservation Matrix and all associted materials can be found on both the NDSA website and the NDSA OSF site.
- Join the conversation by adding your name to the Levels of Preservation Working Group mailing list!
- If you have any questions about the group’s work, send an email to Bradley Daigle at bradley [at] virginia [dot] edu.