Calls for Volunteers for 2021 Digital Preservation Conference
The NDSA calls for volunteers to join our Planning Committee for the 2021 Digital Preservation conference.
Digital Preservation (DigiPres) is the NDSA’s annual conference – open to members and non-members alike – focused on stewardship, curation, and preservation of digital information and cultural heritage. The 2021 meeting will take place on November 10-11th 2021 in St. Louis, Missouri, just after the DLF Forum.
NDSA is an affiliate of the Council on Library and Information Resources (CLIR) and the Digital Library Federation (DLF), and the DigiPres conference is held in concert with the annual DLF Forum. CLIR continues to monitor the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, and after successfully pivoting to a virtual format for 2020, will be making a call on this for 2021 by early spring 2021.
Planning Committee responsibilities include:
- Defining a vision for the conference
- Crafting and distributing a Call for Proposals
- Reviewing and selecting proposals
- Identifying a keynote speaker
- Determining the conference schedule
- Moderating sessions
- Supporting membership through recruitment and mentorship efforts
- Collaborating with the DLF Forum planning committee on community events, equity and inclusion, and sponsorship opportunities
We expect to have monthly group calls from January-November, and this year’s committee will have an exciting opportunity to creatively sustain some of the conveniences and benefits of our virtual platform as we negotiate meeting in person again.
Join us by completing this form by Friday, January 15th, and please share widely.
We look forward to working with you!
Tricia Patterson, 2021 Chair
Jes Neal, 2021 Vice Chair/2022 Chair
The post Calls for Volunteers for 2021 Digital Preservation Conference appeared first on DLF.