Bethany Scott, recently elected to a 2023-2025 term on the NDSA Coordinating Committee, has been elected by that committee as it’s 2023 Vice Chair and 2024 Chair. The Vice Chair’s duties include:
- Managing the annual process to elect new CC members
- Managing and facilitating the new member application process.
- Conving quarterly meetings for the Co-Chairs of Working Groups and Interest Groups.
- Participating in quarterly meetings between NDSA and CLIR.
- Ensuring the NDSA Code of Conduct is carried out, receives and responds to conduct claims, along with the Chair.
Bethany Scott is the Head of Preservation & Reformatting at the University of Houston Libraries. In this role she provides strategic leadership for the Libraries’ physical and digital preservation programs, and digitization and reformatting services for the Libraries and its patrons. Bethany also serves as Product Owner of the Libraries’ open-source digital access and preservation ecosystem, which incorporates Avalon, Hyrax, Archivematica, and ArchivesSpace. Her areas of expertise include digital preservation, born-digital archives, scanning and imaging, and reuse of archival metadata.
Please join me in congratulating Bethany on this new role!
The post Bethany Scott Elected 2023 NDSA Vice Chair by Coordinating Committee appeared first on DLF.